Lomskyrkja - the church in Lom - is one of the biggest and most beautiful churches in our country. The impressive church dates back to 1158-59, confirmed through dendrochronological research. It is still the main church in Lom.
The oldest part was built in Romanesque style. The Lom stave church was built extra large; in the Middle Ages it was the main church in the northern Gudbrandsdalen district. Lom was also an important stopover for pilgrims at that time.
In 1634 the church was extended to the west, and in 1663 the crossarms were added in the framework construction to the north and south.